Dangote is ranked by Forbes Magazine as the 23rd richest person in the world and the richest man in Africa. He surpassed Saudi-Ethiopian billionaire Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi in 2013 by over $2.6 billion to become the world's richest black man.
Early life
Alhaji Aliko Dangote, a northerner from Kano State, Nigeria, was born on the 10th of April 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family. From the time he was young Dangote had an eye on business. He said, "I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time." He studied business at the Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt and thereafter returned to Nigeria to borrow from his uncle Sanusi Abdulkadir Dantata, would eventually provide him a loan of ₦500,000 (Naira, NGN) when he was just 21 years old to start a business.
Business career



No comments:
Post a Comment